During this time of COVID-19 : Phase II
Yale Therapy Group has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and continues to observe Health Canada’s recommendations. Our first priority is the continued safety of our therapists our clients and their families.
Public health officials continue to advise that physical distancing is the most effective strategy to prevent the spread of COVID-19. During Phase II our therapists will continue to offer telahealth sessions to meet your counselling needs. We will begin to cautiously open up “in person” counselling when the therapist deems it is therapeutically beneficial. Please contact your therapist directly to see what they are offering in these trying times.
As we move through this transition let’s all continue to do our part to protect the vulnerable in our community.
Yale Therapy Group
Yale COVID-19 Office Protocols
Please stay home if you have any of the following symptoms, (we will do the same) and we can change to a Telahealth session:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- New muscle aches or headache
- Sore throat
- Have traveled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Are in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID19
Our Commitment to You
We take both your physical health and your mental health very seriously, and it is in light of both that we continue to offer the services we can to our clients. This situation will be re-evaluated and changed as needed.
If You or I Are Sick
We are committed to keeping clients, therapist, and all of our families safe from the spread of this virus. If you show up for an appointment and we believe that you have a fever or other symptoms, or believe you have been exposed, we will ask you to leave the office immediately. We can follow up with services by telehealth as appropriate.
If any of the therapists test positive for the coronavirus, we will notify you so that you can take appropriate precautions.
Our office is taking the following precautions to protect our staff, clients and their families to help slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Seating in the waiting room is discouraged, you are asked to wait in your car till your appointment time
- The therapy room seating has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- Our staff maintains safe distancing.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands as they enter the offices.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy rooms, the entrance and in the washroom.
- We schedule minimal “in person” appointments, and stagger appointments to minimize the number of people in the office.
- We ask all clients to wait in their cars or outside until their appointment times, your therapist will text you when they are ready for your appointment.
- The use of cash is discouraged; Credit card pads, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Please bring your own water bottle or beverage of choice in non-disposable container into the session. We are unable to provide coffee, tea at this time.
- Ensure good respiratory etiquette by covering the mouth and nose with the crease of the elbow or with a disposable tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.
- When using the washroom: use the Lysol wipes on frequently touched areas to protect yourself, please close the lid on the toilet before flushing as research has shown that flushing puts particles in the air.
Your Commitment to Us
If your therapist deems “in person” counseling is more therapeutically beneficial they will get you to read the following and Initial each to indicate that you understand and agree to these actions:
- You will only keep your in-person appointment if you are symptom free, otherwise we will meet via telahealth. ___
- You will take your temperature before coming to each appointment. If it is elevated (100 Fahrenheit or more), or if you have other symptoms of the coronavirus, you agree to cancel the appointment or proceed using telehealth. If you wish to cancel for this reason, we won’t charge you our normal cancellation fee. __
- You will wait in your car or outside until our appointment time. ___
- You will wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when you enter the building. ___
- You will adhere to the safe distancing precautions we have set up in the therapy room..___
- You will keep a distance of 6 feet and there will be no physical contact (e.g. no shaking hands) ___
- You will try not to touch your face or eyes with your hands. If you do, you will immediately wash or sanitize your hands. ___
- If you are bringing your child, you will make sure that your child follows all of these sanitation and distancing protocols. ___
- You will take steps between appointments to minimize your exposure to COVID. ___
- If you have a job that exposes you to other people who are infected, you will immediately let your therapist know. ___
- If your commute or other responsibilities or activities put you in close contact with others (beyond your family), you will let your therapist know. ___
- If a resident of your home tests positive for the infection, you will immediately let your therapist know and we will then [begin] resume treatment via telehealth.___
The above precautions may change if additional local, provincial or federal orders or guidelines are published. If that happens, we will let you know about any necessary changes.
Our Commitment Together
We invite your cooperation as together we work to protect each other and the vulnerable people in our community.